Thursday, February 3, 2011

It is all just theories....

Early on in my diagnosis, about 1993, I heard that there was a study that had tied Parkinson's disease to Pesticide exposure.  This has always lingered in my mind because of my incident with a crop duster directly spraying me.

Over the years, I have learned to be very conservative with my medications because the doctor informed me that they would only last for 20 years.  And since I was a very young person with PD, I needed to be convservative with my medications.

THE BEST ADVICE THAT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED!!

Now, I am a medical miracle.  During a recent Neurological visit, the doctor told me that I should be on 5 TIMES the amount of medication that I am on.  Wow!  But, I am still considered an unusual case.  Fighting the disease with nutrition rather than living in a nursing home.  Walking instead of being in a wheelchair.  And yes, I have tried some crazy things.  I would like to use this site to share my thoughts, experiences and recommendations with the Parkinsons community.

I have also started speaking locally to Parkinson's support groups.  This has been a wonderfully rewarding experience.

RECOMMENDATION OF THE DAY for PARKINSONS PATIENTS:   (I know this is a hard one) Force yourself to drink more water!  A MINIMUM of 60-100 ounces a day for someone weighing 120 pounds.

1 comment:


  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete